Sunday, April 1st
Jerusalem Adventure Hike
Work off the Matza with this fun and fascinating hike through valleys and up hills around the Old City. Perfect for people keeping Second day Yom Tov.
This is a unique tour has become one of my most popular. You’ll come out of this tour with a completely new understanding of the history and symbolism of Jerusalem. Your kids will love running free in the open areas outside of the city.
This tour is 4 hours on foot with lots of ups and downs. Not recommended for those with mobility issues
Begin at 2:30 at Tachana Rishona (The Old Train Station on David Remez)
- Givat HaTanach – Stand in the exact place where Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, David and the Maccabees stood.
- The Mt. Zion Cable Car – Used secretly by the heroes of the War of Independence kept the Jews on Mt. Zion supplied even while they were cut off from West Jerusalem
- Ben Hinnom Valley – Gehinnom is named after this valley where there was a Temple to Molech in ancient times. Today it’s a beautiful nature reserve in the middle of the city.
- Kever David – For generations scholars have argued about the authenticity of this site. Learn about new evidence that supports the traditional location of Kever David as the actual tomb of King David.
- Second Temple Mikvahs
- Hulda Gates – Pass the gates through which our ancestors entered the Temple.
- Kidron Valley – See the epic monolith Tombs in the Kidron Valley – Yad Avshalom and Kever Zecharya
Finish at the Kotel at 6:30 in time for Mincha
40 USD per person